Five things to remember when a horrid day is beating you into the ground:
- Trees grow outwards, rings upon rings. Allow yourself to spread that quietly. One day you’ll look back and be astonished by how far you’ve come.
- We power our lives with the remains of dinosaurs. People will remind you that the dinosaurs are dead but I think it’s pretty cool that there’s enough life in them to give you a shower hot enough to burn.
- You’ll have a lot of chances to start again. It’s okay to never take them.
- Some scientists figured out how to play god with genes and out of all the endless possibilities available to them they decided to make rabbits glow in the dark.
- You are stars and sea and your heritage stretches back to the very first life form. Never believe that you are nothing.
whenever I’m traveling I always get tripped out at the fact that this is someone’s actual hometown like they know every back road and how to get everywhere and they’ve probably had tons of memories in this citybut I’m just someone passing by
Extremely personal piece. Doesn’t really need that much explanation.
*apologies if it turns up pixelated, just click the picture for a full res. view
I stopped telling myself that I’m lost.
I’m on a road with no destination, I’m just driving with hope that I’ll find a place that I like and I’ll stay there.
I’m not lost, I’m on my way."
- ”I hate when people say ‘I hate everyone.’ You don’t hate everyone, you hate yourself.”
- "If you don’t like olives, don’t eat olives. Don’t eat shit because somebody told you it’s classy and fancy and proper to do so. Go to a fancy restaurant and just order chocolate milk and a cake. If the waitress looks at you funny, good."
- "Deciding to love everything was the best decision I have ever made."
- "Don’t date boys like me. I fall head over heels, would-take-a-bullet-for-this-person in love with girls. But then I fall even more in love with some place on a map. Then off I go forever without a glance behind me."
- "I kinda liked going to church. Not because of like, Jesus, or anything. But because regardless of what everyone in the room collectively or individually believes, or if they believe in anything at all, it’s just being in a room where every single person is searching for an answer made me feel a lot less lonely than I was."
- "IF I SEE ONE MORE CIGARETTE IN YOUR MOUTH I’M GOING TO TIE YOU TO THAT FIRE HYDRANT AND MAKE YOU EAT IT. CARE ABOUT YOURSELF.”
- "Jules, you’re like that kid who everyone told not to go play in the blackberry bushes, but you did anyway, so you put band aids all over the cuts they gave you so no one finds out. Except really those cuts are your insecurities and stupid secrets you think people are going to care about. And I know that when you’re 15 it seems like the most important thing in the world to keep them covered, but you know what? Someday, somebody is gonna come along and rip ‘em all off of you, yell I SEE YOU in your face, and ask you to go play in the blackberry bushes with them."
I love → Maps
Adventure is out there.
we think we’re made of numbers. percentages on tests, pounds on a scale, likes on a photo, price tags on clothes. but we’re not. we are made of love and happiness and they way we laugh. we’re made of good memories and late nights and past-curfews. we have more substance than numbers.
this post is really important
Megan & Liz just being grand human beings.
I did not know it was possible to love someone so deeply
you could build an entirely new person from every single feeling
you felt with them, or that this person’s arms would be so long
they could reach all the way to the moon and wrap around it twice
before continuing on to the sun.
I did not know someone else could strike a chord inside you
with a force so fierce every organ would rattle and fall down
to the deadbeat symphony of two hearts beating together so loud
that everyone else would mistake the sound for sex.
But out of this, too, has grown the realization that as children
we were taught our parts are private
so we wouldn’t hand them off to the wrong people,
who would see us as just that: parts and not a whole.
So whatever you use your body for, use it well.
Because one day you will find someone who will collect
all the fragmented pieces of you and carve an entire boat
from their shavings, then set it sail and let you free.
And you’re the only one who can control the compass.
I wish people could just say how they feel like ‘hey I really don’t like when you do that to me’ or ‘hey I’m in love with you’ or ‘hi I really miss you and i think about you all the time’ without sounding desperate why can’t everyone be painfully honest and just save people the trouble